Saturday, September 26, 2009

Last day/night in lovely Greve...

Ciao!

Slept in late, this being my last day in Greve - and, just because I
can :) Then wandered a few steps outside my door to the vibrant,
bustling Saturday market. Amazing - you can buy ANYTHING there! I
saw fish, jeans, herbs, bras, shoes, fruits/veggies, toys, cheese,
meat, purses... It was clear that for Italians across this area's
countryside, this was the day to "stock up", with many folks laden
down with 3 - 4 bags of goodies.

After the market, I hit the Internet cafe for a caffe latte and some
computer time. While I was there, I ran into Jody (cupcake gal) and
Kelly - they were doing some research into the Cinque Terre, as they
decided to head there this afternoon for their last few days in
Italy. What a great coincidence! They ended up finding a place in
the same town as I'm headed for tomorrow (Monterosso al Mare), and so
we'll hopefully all hook up for dinner. Yay! :)

For lunch, I took a nice little drive into the middle of nowhere, to a
place called Castinetta di Rignana. I'll put it this way - the
directions are: follow the signs, and just when you think you must
have missed one and should turn around, keep going for another 15-20
minutes. They have an outside veranda, with a spectacular view of the
hillside, and put together beautiful Tuscan food. I had a rich
truffle pasta dish, followed by a flame roasted steak topped with a
fresh porcini mushroom. I could only eat a little of the steak, and
so it also doubled as dinner, with a nice balsamic onion sauce and
salad I made :). Mmmm.

That was pretty much it for my last day...a nice homemade dinner, some
reading, a little Italian tv. I live a very good life! Looking
forward to hitting the road tomorrow, and being back in the salt
air...ahhh...

Hope everyone is well!
L xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment