Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sleep, sun, read, walk, eat, repeat!

That pretty much sums up my days here in Italy :)

Finally slept in this morning, which felt good. So excited to see
that the storm was chased away overnight, leaving us with another
beautiful day today - yay!

Sat out in the sun for a bit and read my book, then took a long stroll
down the old town streets of Sorrento to the marina below. Had a
caprese salad, and a fresh (caught that morning!) whole sea bass with
olive oil, basil, parsley, and lemon. Soooo good.

Made the long trek back up, meandered through town, then went to a
laundromat to do a 'real' load of laundry. Such a treat after having
washed clothes in the sink twice so far!

In a bit, I'll have dinner, and then maybe wander back into town for a
drink and some people-watching. Not a very exciting day, but quite
lovely and relaxing :)

Early tomorrow morning I'm walking to the port to catch a boat to
Napoli. I'll hit the museum there, which has some amazing artifacts
from Pompeii and many other historic sites, and then - pizza at the
famous 'da Michele' pizzeria. Yay!! Super-excited. For those of you
who have read "Eat, Pray, Love" - this is the pizzeria she visits and
expounds about. It is for pizza purists. They only make two things
there - margherita pizza (tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella), and
marinara pizza (tomato sauce, oregano, and garlic). You all know
which one I'm getting :)

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. I'm just getting caught up on all your adventures! damn! passport, sardines. What a gorgeous view! I love the food pics. Too bad I couldn't read all this as I've sat in 3 half day meetings about a database... jealous? ;)

    Miss you! Keep blogging!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete