Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Last day/night in Monty...tomorrow off to Parma!

Ciao!

I had a nice last day here in Monterosso. Spent the first half of the
day lounging at the beach - ahh, so great! A cool breeze, warm sun,
chair and umbrella, my favorite music on my iPhone...excellent! The
water was COLD first getting in, but of course felt good after being
immersed for a minute. The water here is extra salty (yes, that's the
official scientific term for it) - your feet and legs float to the
surface without any effort - you just naturally float. Or, maybe it's
the extra layers on me that provide the natural bouyancy :)

Had a lovely lunch as you can see from the photos below...a long nap,
some reading and people-watching, dinner...

Looking forward to a new destination tomorrow - Parma! The original
plan was Alba, but I've decided to forego the long driving that it
would have resulted in over the next several days (thanks for the
recommendation Mom!) And besides, apparently Parma is second to
Bologna in terms of "food capitals" of Italy. Parma ham, parmiagana
cheese....Oh! And I have a retraction to make! Apparently grana
padano is NOT parmigiana cheese. Parmiagana-reggiano cheese is the
best there is - and grana padano is actually different. As punishment
for my mistake, I will force myself to consume lots of parmigiana-
reggiano while I'm there :)

Love,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment